Free Public Skating at Sargent Park Arena
Sundays, 12-1 PM, until December 18
City of Winnipeg public skating opportunities are available at 12 arenas in Winnipeg. All public skating activities are provided free of charge.
Times and dates are subject to change without notice at all locations.
Public Skating Rules
• We reserve the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice at one time.
• Skate only in the direction set by skate patrol.
• No food or drinks allowed on the ice.
• Training bars are to remain in the beginners’ area.
• Strollers, sleighs, hockey sticks and footwear (other than skates) are NOT allowed on
the ice surface.
• No throwing objects (elbow pad, gloves).
• No piggyback skating (including parents carrying their child).
• Penalty box, players’ benches are out of bounds.
• No dangerous skating (i.e. tag, crack the whip, fast skating, weaving through traffic,
backwards skating, spins or figure skating).
• Cell phones are not to be used while skating, please leave the ice surface if you get a call.
• We strongly recommend the use of a CSA-approved hockey helmet and face mask for all ages.
Any persons violating these rules or behaving in a disorderly manner will be asked
to leave the area.