Income Tax Preparation Clinics
March 13, 2019 @ 9:00 am-4:30 pm
I’m pleased to announce that my office will be hosting free income tax preparation clinics for the third year.
Do you require assistance completing your 2018 tax return? You may be able to get help at a free tax preparation clinic hosted by my constituency office, located at 3092 Portage Avenue.
The clinics will be held one day a week throughout March and April (dates and times are subject to change). Please call my office at 204-984-6432 on or after Feb. 25 to book an appointment.
Any individual with a modest family income and simple tax situation is eligible for assistance from this program.
Your total family income should be equal to or less than:
• Individual – $30,000
• One person with one dependent – $35,000 (add $2,500 for each additional dependent)
• Couple – $40,000 (add $2,500 for each dependent)
In general, your tax situation is considered simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
• benefits such as CPP, disability, CCB, EI, social assistance
• support payments
• scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
• interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not considered simple if you:
• are self-employed or have employment expenses
• have business or rental income and expenses
• have capital gains or losses
• file for bankruptcy
• are completing a tax return for a deceased person
If you are not sure of your tax situation or require clarification, please contact my office at [email protected] or 204-984-6432.
To file your return at the clinic, you will require the following documents and information:
• Valid, government-issued photo identification, such as: driver’s license or photo identification, Canadian or foreign passport, Certificate of Indian Status, birth certificate and/or government employee identification cards;
• All tax slips, including T4 slips, T5 slips, T3, RC62, RC210, and RRSP contribution receipts;
• Your 2018 tax return and notice of assessment;
• Receipts, including property tax and/or rent, charitable or political donations, and medical expenses; and
• Any additional information regarding credits you may be eligible for or deductions you might claim, such as: Disability Tax Credit certificate, Caregiver Amount, child care expenses, eligible medical expenses, etc.
If you have any questions regarding tax information, credits and eligible expenses, please call Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281 or visit cra.gc.ca.
Please note: due to high demand in previous years, this program is for residents of Charleswood-St. James-Assiniboia-Headingley only.
DISCLAIMER: Winnipeg For Free is not associated with the hosts and organizers of this event and has minimal contact with them. Winnipeg for Free has no control over the changes in the date, time or location of events. Although, action is taken to find changes, they might not be updated in time.