Loading Events

444 York Avenue

May 25, 2019 & May 26, 2019
Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm

The Vaughan Street Jail was built in 1881 by architect Charles Osborne Wickensen, and was later modified by Samuel Hooper in 1909. It is the oldest provincially owned building still standing within the City limits. There are significant local and Canadian historical figures connected to this building, and yet unfortunately, there is still no heritage designation.

Guided tours will start every 10 minutes, lasting 60 minutes, maximum 50 participants per tour, departing from the west side of the building, facing Memorial Boulevard.

Bring a tin for the bin to this location during Doors Open Winnipeg!

Scroll down below for more information