City of Winnipeg public skating opportunities are available at 12 arenas in Winnipeg. All public skating activities are provided free of charge.
Times and dates are subject to change without notice at all locations.
Look for a location below and then use the search terms “public skate” or the name of the arena after clicking the link below.
Schedule – Winter 2022
294 Bertrand St.
Tue Jan 4–Mar 1 6:45–7:45 p.m.
Sat Jan 8–Mar 5 2–3 p.m
709 Keewatin St.
Thu Jan 6–Mar 3 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 6 4–5 p.m.
1377 Clarence Ave.
Mon Jan 10–Mar 7 7:15–8:15 p.m.
cancelled Feb 21
799 Logan Ave.
Sat Jan 8–Mar 12 12:30–1:30 p.m
535 Oakdale Dr.
Wed Jan 5–Mar 9 6:45–7:45 p.m.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 6 2:15–3:15 p.m.
910 Maginot St.
Thu Jan 6–Mar 3 6:30–7:30 p.m.
1410 Rothesay St.
Fri Jan 7–Mar 11 5:45–6:45 p.m.
625 Osborne St.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 6 3–4 p.m.
1111 Wall St.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 13 Noon–1 p.m
St. Vital Centennial
580 St. Anne’s Rd.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 6 12:30–1:30 p.m.
901 Kimberly St.
Sat Jan 8–Mar 5 11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m.
cancelled Feb 12
Transcona East End CC
517 Pandora Ave. E
Sat Jan 8–Mar 12 6:30–7:30 p.m.
Sun Jan 9–Mar 13 1:30–2:30 p.m
The article continues below
Public Skating Rules
• We reserve the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice at one time.
• Skate only in the direction set by skate patrol.
• No food or drinks allowed on the ice.
• Training bars are to remain in the beginners’ area.
• Strollers, sleighs, hockey sticks and footwear (other than skates) are NOT allowed on
the ice surface.
• No throwing objects (elbow pad, gloves).
• No piggyback skating (including parents carrying their child).
• Penalty box, players’ benches are out of bounds.
• No dangerous skating (i.e. tag, crack the whip, fast skating, weaving through traffic,
backwards skating, spins or figure skating).
• Cell phones are not to be used while skating, please leave the ice surface if you get a call.
• We strongly recommend the use of a CSA-approved hockey helmet and face mask for all ages.
Any persons violating these rules or behaving in a disorderly manner will be asked
to leave the area.