Public health officials advise four new deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a male in his 40 from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
• a female in her 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11.4 per cent provincially and 13 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 329 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 326 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 52,261.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 30 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 30 cases in the Northern health region.
• 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 38 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 203 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 4,191 active cases and 46,999 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 207 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 86 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 293 hospitalizations;
• a total of 106 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
– 42 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 23 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 65 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
– 41 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 37 in Ontario, two in Saskatchewan and two in Alberta;
• 11 patients who no longer need to be treated in an ICU have been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care including one who was repatriated yesterday;
• 2,555 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 781,287; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,071.
An outbreak has been declared at Health Science Centre, WRS3 in Winnipeg. The facility has been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.