Public health officials advise that two new deaths in a person with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 30s from the Northern health region; and
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Emerson Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.7 per cent provincially and 8.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 281 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 279 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,274.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 22 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• nine cases in the Northern health region;
• 46 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 26 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 178 cases in the Winnipeg health region.