Public health officials advise that no new deaths in a person with COVID-19 have been reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.5 per cent provincially and 8.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 218 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 217 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 38,025.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• five cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 12 cases in the Northern health region;
• 30 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 15 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 156 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
An outbreak has been declared at École Marie-Anne-Gaboury in Winnipeg and it has moved to remote learning until May 7. An outbreak has been declared at Swan Valley Lodge Personal Care Home in Swan River. Both the school and the care home have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.