The difference from March 29th to today, April 5, are in brackets ( ).
Public health officials advise that two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
• a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, and
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.1 per cent provincially and 4.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 135 new cases of the virus have been identified including cases from the holiday Sunday and today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,487.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• three cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 43 cases in the Northern health region;
• 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• seven cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 63 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,352 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 590,987.
The total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
– B.1.1.7 is 235;
– B.1.351 is 20;
– cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
– the total number of variant of concern cases is 270.