The difference from March 24th to today, March 31, are in brackets ( ).
Public health officials advise that two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
• a female in her 40s from the Northern health region; and
• a female in her 40s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9 per cent provincially and 3.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 59 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, seven cases have been removed due to a data correction. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,174.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• one case in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 16 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,561 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 584,267.
The total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
– B.1.1.7 is 235;
– B.1.351 is 20;
– cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
– the total number of variant of concern cases is 270.