Differences from the previous day are in brackets (…) in the above image
Public health officials advise five additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a female in her 60s from the Northern health region;
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Poseidon Care Centre.
• a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre;
• a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the outbreak at Salem Home.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.2 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 198 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases were removed due to a data correction, making the net new cases 196 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 28,089.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• nine cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 105 cases in the Northern health region;
• 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 13 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 54 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,269 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 459,134. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.