Differences from the previous day are in brackets (…) in the above image
Public health officials advise six additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Southeast Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Holy Family Personal Care Home; and
• a female in her 90s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.5 per cent provincially and 6.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 154 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case was removed due to a data correction making the net-new cases 153 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 27,893.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 18 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 70 cases in the Northern health region;
• eight cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 10 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 48 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,911 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 456,861. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
An outbreak has been declared at Deer Lodge, Lodge 2 West in Winnipeg. The site has been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.