Differences from the previous day are in brackets (…) in the above image
Public health officials advise four additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today including:
• a male in his 80s from the Northern health region, linked to the outbreak at the Rod McGillivary Memorial Care Home;
• a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home;
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Concordia Place; and
• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at the Health Science Centre WRS3.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.4 per cent provincially and 7.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 189 new cases of the virus have been identified and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 27,511.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 11 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 46 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• nine cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 45 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,322 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 453,481. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
Outbreaks have been declared at Golden Door Geriatric Centre and Golden West Centennial Lodge in Winnipeg. The sites have been moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.