17 new cases of COVID-19 as of 9:30 AM, September 1
The data shows there were:
• 13 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
• 1 case in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 1 case in Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 2 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
Total number 1466 as of today.
Public health is advising the following possible exposures:
- St. Aidan’s Christian School located at 400 Hargrave St. in Winnipeg on Thursday, Sept. 10 and Friday, Sept. 11. The individual was asymptomatic and followed all public health measures that were put in place at the school. The public health investigation indicates the infection was not acquired at school. The school community has been notified. Additional cleaning of high-touch areas is being undertaken out of an abundance of caution. Any close contacts connected to the case have been identified, contacted and advised to self-isolate. Others who were at the site do not need to self-isolate, but should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. The site is not being elevated on the Pandemic Response System, given the limited number of contacts identified.
- Actionmarguerite located at 185 Despins St. in Winnipeg on Thursday, Sept. 10 involving a health-care worker at the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority care home. This information has been shared with families and staff. Investigation is ongoing. While the risk is assessed to be low, Actionmarguerite has initiated outbreak protocols in an abundance of caution and put additional measures in place to further reduce the risk to residents and staff, and are restricting visitation. The facility has moved to Critical (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
As students prepare to return to school, masks will be required on all school buses as passengers may be in close proximity for extended periods of time with no ability to physically distance from each other. This is a change from the previous requirement which only applied to Grade 4 and above. The new rule includes drivers, students and any other passengers on the bus.