Learn basic welding and metal fabrication skills in Red River College’s free six-month program. Plus, get an eight-week paid work placement! Deadline to register is July 3:
The Welding Pre-Apprenticeship program is tuition-free and gives students the basic welding and metal fabrication skills required to start a new career.
- Hands-on, in-school training for 25 weeks
- 8-week paid work placement
- Start date to be announced
- All books, tools and supplies are provided free of charge
IMPORTANT: Program Changes Due to COVID-19
Due to the Province of Manitoba guidance on preventing the spread of COVID-19, Red River College is taking precautionary measures.
All assessments and interviews for this program will now be delivered remotely.
More information is available here.
New Admission Procedures
- Decide if the program is right for you. If you missed the scheduled info sessions, please email or call for more information.
- Take the assessment. If you have decided to apply, the next step is to submit an assessment. You should set aside about three hours to complete the assessment (there is no time limit). The deadline to submit is Friday, July 3 at 4:00 pm. You may complete the assessment at any time before the deadline. Before starting, get prepared:
- make sure you are on a stable internet connection
- find a quiet place to work where you won’t be disturbed
- get a pencil, paper, and a basic calculator (no other materials are allowed)
NOTE: If you experience technical difficulties during your assessment and are unable to complete, simply start a new assessment by clicking the link again. Only your final attempt will be graded.
When you are ready to begin, click here.
- Once the assessments are reviewed, selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted remotely.
- Successful applicants will be offered a seat in the program. Program start date is still to be determined. You will be notified of the official program start date a minimum of four weeks in advance.
For more information, contact Aaron Brown at [email protected] or 204-632-2422.