City of Winnipeg public skating opportunities are available at 13 arenas in Winnipeg. All public skating activities are provided free of charge.
Times and dates are subject to change without notice at all locations. Bring your own skates.
Public Skating Rules
• We reserve the right to limit the number of skaters on the ice at one time.
• Skate only in the direction set by skate patrol.
• No food or drinks allowed on the ice.
• Training bars are to remain in the beginners’ area.
• Strollers, sleighs, hockey sticks and footwear (other than skates) are NOT allowed on
the ice surface.
• No throwing objects (elbow pad, gloves).
• No piggyback skating (including parents carrying their child).
• Penalty box, players’ benches are out of bounds.
• No dangerous skating (i.e. tag, crack the whip, fast skating, weaving through traffic,
backwards skating, spins or figure skating).
• Cell phones are not to be used while skating, please leave the ice surface if you get a call.
• We strongly recommend the use of a CSA-approved hockey helmet and face mask for all ages.
Any persons violating these rules or behaving in a disorderly manner will be asked
to leave the area.
More Upcoming Events
Shelmerdine’s Kids FunZone is THE PLACE to be this fall! The indoor haymaze and amusement park will definitely keep your little ones busy and giggling. Free general admission means that you can come and play in our haymaze and giant bouncy castle all day!Find out more »
Terror Garage Halloween Haunt located in Winnipeg MB, Canada. Newly expanded, now with 5 Rooms of Horror! Haunted House including Costumed Actors, […]Find out more »