- Free teen Membership for ages 12 – 17 only
- Membership term: July 2, 2019 – September 2, 2019; all teen memberships expire on September 3, 2019
- Parent or legal guardian must enroll Teen Member and provide proof of age. Siblings may not register siblings
- Membership includes access to most club areas at all locations: 7 days a week from 8am-4pm with last check-in at 3:00pm
- The Teen will receive their membership key tag upon completion of registration at the club (however, the membership will not be valid until the program commences and you complete the mandatory Starter)
- Maximum workout time for Teen Members is 2 hours per day
Dress Code for Teen Members
- Running shoes
- Shorts or exercise pants
Off Limits for Teen Members
- Certain free weights/machines
- Entire pool/whirlpool area
- Hot Yoga Studio
- Tanning Salon
- Squash Courts
- Tennis Courts
Club Rules and Etiquette
- Each time a member enters the club they must scan their membership card at front desk
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the change rooms, washrooms, saunas or pool areas or during the use of any equipment
- We ask that all members allow others to work out in between sets and share equipment
- Please refrain from dropping or banging weights
- We recommend you attend a Group Fitness Starter to become familiar with all class etiquette and procedures (ie: being on time, sign up, etc)
- Please wipe off equipment after each use with spray cleaners and paper towels provided
- Please put all equipment back after use
- Workout time is for fun, results, safety and effectiveness (no bullying or unsafe challenging permitted)
- Workout time is designated for workouts, not hangouts
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does at least one Parent of the teen have to be a Member? Or, can an adult Member “sponsor” teen children?
A: The Teen Fitness program is for every Canadian teen – no limitations. Parent/Guardians do not have to be GoodLife Fitness Members. Teens need to have their own Parent/Guardian register them online and also come in with their Parent/Guardian to the club to sign and complete the registration process.
Q: My teen is a current Member, can I place his/her Membership on hold to participate in this program?
A: Yes, teens can place their Membership on hold however it is important to note that there are limited hours and club access, teens must abide by these rules for the duration of July and August.
Q: My teen is turning 18 halfway through the program, can he/she still join?
A: Yes. Teens must be 17 upon registration. If they are turning 18 during the program timeframe, they are able to participate.
Q: Why is hot yoga, tanning, sauna, squash and the entire pool/whirlpool area and some machines not part of the free teen summer Membership?
A: Due to health and safety, it is recommended that teens under the age of 17 do not take part in the above programs/amenities.
Q: Should I go into a club for help if I’m having difficulty with the Teen Fitness Online Registration process?
A: Unfortunately the Club locations are not setup or staffed to handle registrations on club computers. Luckily TeenFitness.ca is a globally available website which can be accessed by any computer connected to the internet. If your computer is preventing you from registering for Teen Fitness please try from another location such as School, Work, a Friend’s house or even your local public library or contact our Member Experience Department at 1-800-387-2524.
Q: How can I adjust the font on TeenFitness.ca if it is too small or too large for me to read?
A: On most web browsers you can hold the CTRL key down and press the + or – key on your keyboard to increase or decrease the font on the web page.
Q: What should I do if the Teen Fitness site does not load?
A: If the page does not load, try to refresh the page (press F5) or type the web address (URL) again. If it still does not load please verify you can get to the internet by trying to browse to any other website. If you can access other websites other then TeenFitness.ca please contact our Member Experience Department at 1-800-387-2524. If you cannot access any other websites then please contact your Internet Service Provider for help.
Q: What should I do if I am trying to complete the online registration process but I keep getting an error message on the webpage?
A: If you get an error on the webpage, please refresh the web page or restart the browser and try signing up again. If you continue to get errors please contact our Member Experience Department at 1-800-387-2524.
Q: What should I do if I am trying to complete the online registration process from work and I can’t complete the online registration?
A: Some work environments have strong computer security measures in place which may be preventing you from completing the online registration. Please try again when you get home or a computer outside of a work environment.