What is Hoopla?
Hoopla brings you thousands of movies, television, and music titles for free. There are no costs or hassles. All you need is a library card and a web browser, phone, or tablet.
Internet Explorer 11 is a not a supported browser. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari.
With hoopla you can:
- borrow up to 5 hoopla items per month
- Movies/TV are yours for 3 days after checkout
- Play as often as you like within your 3-day loan period
- hoopla app available for iPad and Android – play within the app
- Stream over wifi or download to the app for offline watching (great for car rides and plane trips!)
One of the best ways to enjoy hoopla movies is streamed to a TV screen in your home!
What devices/setups can I use?
- Use AirPlay mirroring to stream to an Apple TV device over Wi-Fi (see video below)
- Cast to Chromecast (generation 1 & 2, with other versions in development) from iOS and Android
- Use an HDMI adapter to connect to an HDMI-ready TV and stream from your tablet’s hoopla app via cable
- Connect your computer to an HDMI-ready TV via cable and stream from your browser
- Apps or channels are available on Apple TV (4th generation and higher), Android TV (all), Roku (version 7.6.3 an up), and Fire TV (generation 1 & 2, with other versions in development)